What are the worst 5 Christmas gifts you've ever gotten? Reading the previous sentence renders you tagged.
- A brass lamp and a plastic globe - these were supposed to be my "big gifts" from Santa. I was eleven. I didn't believe in Santa anymore, but what eleven year old boy wants a fucking brass lamp and plastic globe of the earth?
- A plastic skateboard. This was during the eighties when skateboarding became really popular. I wanted a simple wooden one - it didn't have to be expensive like a Vision or Peralta. But it at least had to be made of wood. No self-respecting thrasher would be caught dead on a fucking plastic skateboard.
- Dockers. I wore Dockers pants at one time and I liked them. But, at some point they were no longer good enough. Maybe I outgrew them when my sense of style became more sophisticated or something. I don't know, but for several years after I stopped wearing them I always seemed to get at least one pair.
- A "hands free" cell phone device that probably weighed as much as the phone itself.
- A box of chocolates. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chocolate. Especially good chocolate. But, I was in 6th grade at the time and it was from a kid in the class who picked my name. Plus too, the kid happened to be one of my best friends so I guess I was expecting more. Anyway, the chocolates were cheap and not very good. I just remember thinking, "I'm fucking twelve years old. There's a lot of inexpensive shit that I would've liked and would not be that hard to figure out." For some reason I just thought a box of chocolates was a shitty gift.